Hello friends! The other day I was talking to my aunt in Oman when she mentioned how she had lost all data from her phone, micro SD card to be specific. I told her not to save any new data in the SD card and to immediately eject it from her phone. WHY? Because new files often overwrite the deleted data, form overwritten clusters that hinder the recovery process.
Anyway we spoke, this lead to that and here it is :
Recuva – a file recovery software, a quality product by Piriform. Just so you know, most of the softwares I use are of Piriform and every one of them is special.
So I dedicate this post to my aunt. Hope you all find it useful too !
'Recuva', as the name suggests, is a software to 'Recover' all your permanently-deleted files which otherwise you think have been permanently lost. Be it 'shift+delete' type files of your computer, or external hard drive, flash drive or your micro SD card ; Recuva recovers all!
- After downloading the binary file, run it to get the Setup wizard and complete the setup process.
- Observe the pics carefully 'cause they speak for themselves.
File type :
- Select the type of files that you want to recover i.e. audio, video, pictures or docs.
- If you want to see all the files, then check the check-box against 'Other'.
File location :
- You can either search everywhere on your computer or in a specified location.
- Browse for the specified location. As in my aunt's case : micro SD card/memory card
- Just left-click on 'Memory card' and 'OK' it.
- Recuva is ready to search! Enable deep scan for your long-lost filey-friends.
- Deep scan isn't necessary for recently deleted files.
Scan process :
- 2 stages of the Scan process : Scanning and Analyzing
- As you can see, 2 minutes estimated time. Though it usually isn't so less. Beware!
List of deleted files :
- Welcome to the list of files you killed! Maximize the window to view all details.
- As you can see, files are checked in green, orange and red.
- GREEN : Excellent; its still alive, you can recover it.
- ORANGE : Poor; you may recover it but 50:50 chances of the file being in good shape.
- RED : Unrecoverable; so kill yourself if you badly wanted this one.
- Check the ones you want and 'Recover'. I have selected 3 image files.
Recovery steps :
- Select a location home for your resurrected files.
- You can create a new folder or simply select an existing one, or just dump them in a drive.
- As you can see, I have created a folder named 'recovered from memory card' in Local Disk (E).
- My images have recovered in just 0.08 seconds. Whao man, what kind of sorcery is that! Maybe because they are just images.
- Yes that's true. Bigger the file length, longer is the recovery time.
Recovery check :
- Congratulations! You did it! Thanks to Recuva!
That's it friends! This was Recuva v1.42.544.
There might be many more features to this software. Just explore and find out!
Want to hide and protect your computer? Here's an excellent software!
Or fed up of slow copy speeds? Here's another one!
You can also keep your computer clean using CCleaner!
Watch out for more of our tutorials on Knowbabble. Thank you!